This wine has a beautiful red colour with brown hints and aromas of cherry marmalade, plum, cinnamon and vanilla. This medium-bodied wine is round and elegant, with a long aftertaste.
- Classification:P.G.I. Peloponnese
- Area of Production:Greece- Peloponnese- Achaia
- Grape Variety:60% Mavrodaphne- 40% Merlot
- Wine Type:Red
- Vineyard:The vineyards are located in the Kallithea and Peristera region of Achaia in the Peloponnese and vines are cultivated at various altitudes from 150m to 300m. The soil is a mixture of clay and sand and the grape yields are from 9000-12000kg per hectare.
- Harvest:Late August
- Vinification:Classic red vinification. The wine remains in oak barrels of 225l for 6-12 months.
- Storage Time:6 Years
- Storage Conditions:Temperature: 12-13°C, Humidity: 65%
- Suggested Pairing:With pasta served with red sauces, as well as veal, meatballs, steaks, pizza, grilled liver, kinds or sausage and yellow cheeses.
- Serving Temperature:16-18°C
- Alcohol:ca. 14,2 % vol.
F T G+ P