The wine has a deep purple colour, with aromas of red fruits, such as cherry and framboise together with vanilla and butter flavoured caramel. This full-bodied wine has an excellent structure of tannins and a long and pleasant aftertaste.
- Classification:PGI Achaia
- Area of Production:Greece- Peloponnese-Achaia
- Grape Variety:Merlot
- Wine Type:Red
- Vineyard:The vineyards are located in the Vasiliko and Peristera regions of Achaia in the Peloponnese at an altitude of 150m. The soil is a mixture of sandy clay and limestone and the grape yields are about 7000kg per hectare.
- Harvest:Late September
- Vinification:Classic red vinification. The wine remains in oak barrels of 225l for 8-12 months.
- Storage Time:8 Years
- Storage Conditions:Temperature: 12-13°C, Humidity: 65%
- Suggested Pairing:With a variety of dishes such as pasta with bacon, chilly in tomato sauce, as well as pork, veal and curry, lamb steak and duck with orange
- Serving Temperature:18°C
- Alcohol:ca. 15,6 % vol.
F T G+ P